Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Newton Bromswold Parish 1841

At sometime called Newon Bromshold, the parish is in the Higham Ferrers Hundred and the Poor Law Union of Wellingborough, and the Northern division of the county of Northamptonshire. It lies 3½ miles SE of Higham Ferrers, close to the Bedfordshire county boundary. It adjoins the parishes of Yelden in Bedfordshire and Rushden in Northamptonshire.

The church is dedicated to St. Peter, the living is a rectory in the patronage of All Souls' College, Oxford, valued in the King's books at £8.3.4, with a net income of £119. The tithes were commuted for 170 acres of land and a money payment under the Inclosure Act.

The parish is 800 acres 1 rood and 24 perches in size. There are 161 inhabitants; the males work as agricultural labourers; the females work at lace-making.



Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the Newton Bromswold index
Click here to e-mail us