Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Podington Village

Podington Church
Podington Church by Willmott Photographic

Welcome to the village
Podington School
Welcome sign and planter at the parish boundary
Podington School was opened in 1841 - now a house
plaque
Cottages opposite the church
Village award plaque on the churchyard wall
The old Post Office and cottages that face the church
Podington village is mostly of old stone built properties, clustered around the church, with only a small expanse of modern buildings has been added during the 20th century. A plaque pays tribute to it being a regular winner in the "Best Kept Village" competition.

A school was opened in 1841. Most of the men were agricultural labourers working on the villages farms and the women were lacemakers.

Rushden Co-operative Society opened a branch here in 1910 and it was their Number 6 branch.

Podington Garden Centre was opened in 1976, lies discretely behind the main street.

Podington Co-op was branch No. 6 of Rushden Co-op
Mr R Brooks is the manager in this photograph (undated)


Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the villages index
Click here to e-mail us