Wymington school was opened in October 1878. The building was formerly Church Farm, and was opposite the Church. The first week saw 49 children enrolled. This gradually increased to about 80 children.
The summer break was taken when harvest occurred 'sometime' between August and October, and continued until harvest was over, or perhaps later allowing time for the families to go gleaning for corn to help feed their chickens through the winter.
Miss Rutter, a rather strict headteacher, came in 1900 and retired in 1928. Mrs Smith followed and remained for seven years. Mrs Jones came in 1935 and stayed until her retirement in 1963.
In the war evacuee children joined the school, and a bomb caused damage in 1940. The senior children had been at Harrold school, but they returned to Wymington.
The school was made a primary only in 1952, and 1964 saw the 9 and 10 year-olds sent to Sharnbrook school. One of the classrooms was altered to become an assembly hall/dining room, and a well stocked library. Two years later a kitchen block and two new classrooms were added.