Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Bozeat School

The old school Entrance to the Infants
The School built in 1873 is now a house, and stands on Camden Square. Beneath the bell tower was the entrance to the Infant school.

Wellingborough News, 26th September 1902, transcribed by Kay Collins

Bozeat - School Board—The monthly meeting of the Board was held in the Board-room on Monday Present: Mr. J. T. Robinson (chairman), Messrs J. Monk, J. Barnes, C. Drage, and Matthews (clerk).—Messrs. Monk and Barnes reported having visited the school, and recommended the purchase of new desks as applied for. It was resolved to purchase two for each department.— The Board decided to view the water tank and meet a practical man on Saturday next.—The following tenders for the supply of coke were received: Ellis and Everard, 21s. per ton; A. Smart, 18s.; and T. Smith, 16s. 6d. The last-named tender was accepted.—The Clerk brought before the Board the estimates for the ensuing year. About, £900 is required for the working of the school: of this sum £496 goes for salaries (Mixed School £332, Infant School £164) and £140 for interest and repayment of loans. £50 is also required for books, etc. Of this sum it is proposed to raise £120 from the local rates in four equal instalments.—A letter was read from Mr. Bradshaw applying for the use of the schools for lantern evangelistic services on three Sunday evenings in October, November, and December. The request was granted at a nominal charge.

Rushden Echo, 11th June 1909, transcribed by Kay Collins

Bozeat - Eighty Applications have been received for the post of headmaster of the Council School, which will be vacant in August through the resignation of Mr. Kirby.


Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the villages index
Click here to e-mail us