The obelisk, placed in the cemetery, was from the designs of Mr. S. Saint, of Rushden, who carried out the work in a most satisfactory manner. It stands eleven feet high, and is of Weldon stone with marble panels three feet square, and contains the names of the thirty-nine heroes, with the inscription:
“Sacred to the men of the village who
fell in the Great War 1914-1918.”
The cost was about £80, and it was raised by a representative committee with the Chairman of the Parish Council as President.