The church of St Peter and St Paul consists of a nave with side aisles, a chancel and south porch. The pinnacled 14th century tower with its graceful 15th century spire was repaired in 1990 and can be seen from miles around.
The floor is almost completely covered with a rich pattern of colourful Minton tiles.
Also of note is the north chapel separated from the north aisle by a strainer arch similar to those in Finedon and Rushden, and the Jacobean altar table and ancient south door.
The north chapel contains two large tombs which survived the restoration in 1860. One is the tomb of Sir Christopher Yelverton (died 1612) who was Speaker of the House of Commons, and the other is the more elaborate tomb of his son Sir Henry Yelverton (died 1631).
When Thomas Percy was vicar during the 18th century he had frequent visits from his friends from the Garrick Club -
Dr Samuel Johnson, Oliver Goldsmith and David Garrick. A plaque in the church marks where they used to sit.