Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Higham Ferrers Postcards

The birth place of Archbishop Chichele
Grammar School, Church, Bede House and Rectory from centre to right
Top left is the railway station and between that and the Church Spire is the old Charles Parker factory, by now part of the John White empire - c1950s
The birth place of Archbishop Chichele

College ruins The Square
The College ruins (right) and College Street c1902
The Square c1920

Courtesy of the late Colin Bryant's Collection
by kind permission of Rushden Museum
Post Office & Coffee Tavern
Post Office & Coffee Tavern & Reading Room Opened in 1883

Ivy House 1633
Ivy House built in 1633

Market Square Market Square
The Market Square c1910
The Market Square c 1905

Walnut Tree Walnut Tree
Walnut Tree looking down Kings Meadow Lane
Looking north towards the Walnut Tree and Irthlingborough
Kimbolton Road junction Kimbolton Road
Bolton House at the Kimbolton Road and A6 junction
Built in 1912 for William Hector, currier, demolished for road widening
In Kimbolton Road opposite the Castle Field
High Street High Street
Two views of High Street looking towards Rushden
in about 1910 and 1950
Looking from Rushden across Higham Ferrers Wesleyan Chapel
Looking from Rushden Hill across Higham Ferrers
The Wesleyan Chapel c1906 - now awaiting demolition (2010)
Britchford's shop Express cleaners shop
c1932 Tollgate house right, and Britchford's greengrocers behind the tree
and the same shop c1970 now Express Dry Cleaners

From the Market Square
Looking towards Rushden from the Market Square

High Street
High Street and shops - car and old lamp near the Griffin Inn c1940

W Marriott's shop
W Marriott's shop opposite the Walnut Tree
Borough shield
Market cross
Market Cross c1910


Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the villages index
Click here to e-mail us