Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Higham Ferrers Wesleyan Chapel

The oldest chapel dating from 1791 was built on land that had once been the garden of Mr Adcock.
Below: the chapel replaced in 1903. It was sold and during WWII was used by the Home Guard.
The new one in the hand-coloured postcard is now disused (fundraising for refurbishment continues - 2015).
The old chapel began in 1791 The Wesleyan Church due for demolition
The old Wesleyan Chapel
and the new - now awaits refurbishment

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the villages index
Click here to e-mail us