Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Raunds - Council School

the school

Rushden Argus, 15th May 1914, transcribed by Kay Collins

An Up-to-Date School - Novel Features in the New Council School

Raunds Council School, which takes the place of the old Wesleyan School, will very shortly be opened. It is designed on the latest principles, and stands in the most elevated and best part of the town. The architect is Mr. J. T. Blackwell, of Kettering, and the builder Mr. R. Marriott, of Rushden. The contract was a little over £6,000.


Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the villages index
Click here to e-mail us