|Death of Former Vicar of Raunds
THE death occurred at Stamford on Saturday of a former Vicar of St. Peter's, Raunds, Canon Edward E. Law, B.A., Canon Emeritus of, Peterborough, who retired from the Rectorship of Empingham, Oakham, in 1946.
Born at Belgrave, Leicester, in 1862, Canon Law was educated at Wyggeston Grammar School, where he later became a master, and graduated at London University. He was ordained in 1887, his first curacy being at St. Leonard's, Leicester. In 1888 he moved to All Saints', Wellingborough, and in 1891 was appointed curate to Archdeacon Lightfoot at Uppingham.
Four years later he was appointed curate-in-charge of Kings Cliffe, where he married, and subsequently he became Vicar of St. Peter's, Raunds, and Vicar of St. Mary's, Peterborough. In 1915 Canon Law was appointed a Chaplain to the Forces, and from 1919 to 1921 he served in Egypt, where he was senior chaplain to the Cairo area.