Septic Poisoning after Slight Accident
A Native of Caldecott
Under sad and distressing circumstances the death took place on Wednesday of Mr. Jabel Stirman, of 16, Roberts Street at the age of 56 years.
Deceased was in his usual state of health until about five weeks ago, when a carbuncle developed at the back of his neck. Subsequently he accidentally caught the carbuncle with his finger nail and shortly afterwards symptoms of septic poisoning manifested themselves. Dr. Davies was called in and he and the town nurses gave the patient every possible attention, but about the end of last week the illness took a very serious turn and the patient gradually grew weaker and died as stated. His wife pre-deceased him, passing away about 19 months ago. Mr. Stirman leaves one son and one daughter.
A native of Caldecott, where his father and mother are still living, deceased had resided in Rushden about 45 years. Thirty years ago he was associated with the old Rugby Football Club at Rushden. Deceased, who was much respected in the town, was a member of the Rushden Athletic Club. He was employed at the factory of Messrs. E Claridge and Son, being engaged in the lasting department.