Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

The Succoth Baptist Church

Baptisms, Marriages or Burials found in the newspapers

We have not seen any registers for this church, but may find reports in the newspapers.

Memorial Inscription recorded at the Top Meeting Old Batist Church burial ground
MI No. 82 - David ASHBY born August 18th 1813 baptised into Christ at Succoth Chapel in this village November 1832 preached the Gospel of the Grace of God for nearly forty years and called to sleep in Jesus February 28 1884.

Wellingborough News, 18th October 1884, transcribed by Kay Collins

Featherstonhaugh—Vorley—On the 13th inst., at Succoth Baptist Chapel, Rushden, by the Rev. S. T. Belcher, Charles Featherstonhaugh, of Irthlingborough, to Naomi Vorley, of Rushden.

Wellingborough News, 6th December 1884, transcribed by Kay Collins

Clarke—Letts—On the 30th ult., at Succoth Baptist Chapel, Rushden, by Rev. S. T. Belcher, Robert Clarke, to Martha Letts, both of Rushden.

Rushden Echo, 6th March 1908, transcribed by Kay Collins

The funeral of the late Mr Foster Vorley, of Rushden, took place on Monday afternoon in the Rushden Cemetery in the presence of a large number of friends and sympathisers.

An impressive service was held at 3p.m. in the Succoth Chapel, ........... click here for the full report

Clayton - Brown Wedding 1915
The Rushden Echo 6th August 1915, transcribed by Kay Collins

At Succoth Baptist Chapel, Rushden, on Saturday the marriage was solemnised of Miss Ethel Mary Brown, second daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Eber Brown, of 32, Portland-road, Rushden, and Mr. George Henry Clayton, elder son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Clayton, of 92, Queen-street, Rushden. Pastor F. J. Harsant conducted the ceremony. click here for the full report

Rushden Echo, 13th September 1918, transcribed by Kay Collins

THE MARRIAGE took place at Succoth Baptist Chapel, of Miss Ruth Newell, daughter of Mr. Zerah Newell, of 34, Portland-road, Rushden, to A.B. Thomas H. Martin, of the Royal Naval Division, and formerly of the "Rushden Echo" staff. [for full report]



Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the Churches & Chapels index
Click here to e-mail us