Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Hope Methodist Church, Park Road

(Formerly the Wesleyan Methodist Church)

Photograph of the church buildings in Park Road taken in 2007
The Church Buildings in Park Road, 2007

The Origins of Methodism in Rushden can be traced back to a small Society of 15 members in 1781. The building on the left in the photograph was erected in 1890 but the accommodation soon proved inadequate and the building on the right was opened some 15 years later. The tower originally boasted a wooden spire which unfortunately had to be removed in 1986. In 1932 the Wesleyan Methodist Church joined with the Primitive Methodist Church and the United Methodist Church to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain. In 2004 the Methodist Churches of Rushden and Higham Ferrers united to form one Church at Park Road, Rushden, but in August 2013 the Methodists sold the premises by auction and they were opened in the September as the Heritage Chapel and Halls.


Newspaper Articles 1901 - 1906


Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the Churches & Chapels index
Click here to e-mail us