Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

R H Carter

An advert from Phillipson's 1908 Directory of Rushden

R H Carter Ironmonger
The shop c1911
R H Carter took over this shop when John Nattrass returned to Nottingham in 1906.

Before 1914, J Lindsey Clipson and Harold Clipson, sons of J S Clipson, had taken over the premises and traded here as Clipson Bros. & Co. until the late 1930s.



1908 advert
1908 advert

mark cutlery
Mr Carter only traded here for about eight years, but sold a range of cutlery suitably embossed.

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the History index
Click here to e-mail us