The staff outside the garage in Quorn Road c1960
Advert Rushden Echo & Argus 1952
1952 - a new van for £385 in primer, plus commercial purchase tax £64.7
A postcard advert
Directors W H Johnson & H Welsford
A regular contract for Johnsons was to provide transport for
Rushden Town Football Club
from 1946, for at least 40 years.
An application was put to the
department in June 1958, for a pertol tank.
This 1974 Johnson Motors letterhead shows:
Directors: R J W Welsford, W D Welsford
Secretary: G B L Verlander
They were Renault agents.