Colin Bryant Collection - Courtesy of Rushden Museum
c1894 - Thomas Perkins kept the New Inn 1891-1902, and was
succeeded by his wife Abigail in 1900
Rebuilt as the Railway Inn c1895
Stonehurst was built in 1896 replacing far thatched building.
The New Inn (left of centre) was renamed the Railway Inn when railway passenger service began in 1894.
The large building to the right is Stonehurst built in 1896 by the brewery as a wine store. During WWI Belgian Refugees
were housed there and it was known afterwards as the 'Belgian house'.
Note the thatched cottage next door has been re-roofed in the second picture, and the tree beyond it has grown
and only the chimney of the Capital & Counties Bank is visible.
Wellingborough News, 12th December 1902
PRAED'S CELEBRATED MINERAL WATERS can now be obtained at wholesale prices from their stores at the Railway Hotel, Rushden.
Colin Bryant Collection Courtesy of Rushden Museum