Mr. James Roe came to Rushden in 1905 with his brother, Mr. William Roe, and
took over the business of
Mr. H. F. Robinson, draper,
Roe Brothers established their business on the corner of Victoria Road at
120 High Street.
William died in 1931 but the company continued to trade into the 1970s. It moved to
20 High Street about 1950.