George Wilmott was born in 1868, son of George Wilmott and Mary.
George became a shopkeeper and butcher in 1890, and a pork butcher in the 1898 trade directory.
The shop was demolished about 1901, soon after the great fire, and a
Post Office was built on the plot but part was used for street widening.
By 1910 George had moved directly across the road to this shop: