An Outbreak of Fire
, which was fortunately confined within narrow limits, occurred on Sunday evening at the residence of Mr R Marriott
, builder, High Street. The family, except Miss Marriott, were at church at the time. The outbreak, which was caused by a curtain being blown into a light, was noticed by a man who was passing, and this man, with the help of Miss Marriott, was able to put out the fire. The curtains and woodwork were damaged, but, thanks to the prompt action taken, a few pounds will cover the loss.