|Hayway Schools opened in 1909 as an infant and junior school. It was then taken over as the Intermediate for seniors. In 1949 it was a girls only Secondary Modern, then renamed as Chichele School, when it almagamated with the Tennyson Road Boys' school in 1991 (now Rushden Community College). Part of this block then became a junior school once more with the smaller block being used as a new nursery department. In 2012 the junior school has now moved to join Denfield Park school.