Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Methodist Circuit Introduction

Higham Ferrers Methodist Church
Higham Ferrers Methodist Church - due for demolition and rebuilding

The Higham Ferrers Methodist Circuit records date back to 1813 and covered a wide area where the borders of Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire and Huntingdonshire come together. As numbers of Methodists grew in each village, so the village would start its own church. The registers used to record the events at first covered all the Circuit but as new churches began, and eventually only the Higham Ferrers events were recorded in the books. Our “Rushden Research” Group has recently completed the transcription of the Higham Ferrers Circuit and the following books which contain only the Higham Ferrers records, together with the records kept at Rushden Methodist Church since it opened in 1889, as both the churches are now combined into the Hope Methodist Church. They are currently fundraising to build a new church on the site of the Higham Ferrers Church. It will then serve both parishes and their events will once again be recorded together.

H F Circuit Registers



Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the Genealogy index
Click here to e-mail us