|HIGHAM PARK, on the borders of Bedfordshire, formerly extra-parochial, is now a parish, 4 miles south-south-east from Higham Ferrers station on the London and North Western railway and 2 miles south-east from Rushden station on the Higham Ferrers branch of the Midland railway, in the Eastern division of the county, Higham Ferrers hundred, Wellingborough petty sessional division and union and county court district. There are only two inhabited houses in the parish; one is the Old Hall, formerly a shooting-box belonging to Charles II but now a farmhouse. Thomas William Strother esq. is sole landowner. The soil is friable clay. The chief crops are wheat, oats, barley, beans and turnips. The area is 600 acres; rateable value, £290; the population in 1901 was 9.
This parish is reputed to be extra-parochial for ecclesiastical purposes.
Letters through Rushden, which is the nearest money order & telegraph office.
|Burns Hartop, farmer & grazier, Old hall