Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Bedford Road
The south part of Bedford Road is included in the Court Estate
It was a trunk road - the A6 - now diverted to the Bypass Liberty Way.

See also notes by J E Smith on Bedford Road

cottages
This date stone 'Rebuilt 1905' is on a row of four cottages. They stand at the junction from Mannings Rise, close to Abbott's.

Colin Bryant Collection - Courtesy of Rushden Museum
old farm with sundial
Dial Farm with sundial, and row of cottages beyond.
The man with cart is standing at the track to the abattoir.
The Co-op bought the farm and abattoir.

Colin Bryant Collection - Courtesy of Rushden Museum
Hilly Farm in the 1960s
Hilly Farm in the 1950s when Willmott's were farming here

Hilly Farmhouse and Outbuildings, are now listed buildings

shop and post office Manor Farm
The old Post Office

Bedford Way Motors
Bedford Road Motors 1960s - now a car wash.


Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the History index
Click here to e-mail us