Land originally owned by Magdalen College, University of Oxford, and held for Queen Victoria.
Sold to Ann Roberts of Irthlingborough by Rev. James Barmby for £810 on 18th December 1855 total 8 acres.
Ann Roberts died 15th November 1878. Her will left the land to Mary Manton (daughter) 20th March 1879.
Mary Manton sold 823 sq yards land in Griffith Street to Samuel Knight junior on 28th April 1891 for £114.
Samuel Knight sold 430 sq yards to William Penness for £120 on 29th November 1894.
Three properties were built for William Penness.
William Penness died 9th April 1920. No 9 and No 11 - factory left to Mrs F M Ward, James Ruff, and James Penness (died 4th August 1940)
No 9 conveyed to William Arthur Lenton on 23rd April 1952.
James Penness died 4th August 1940.
Florence Mary Ward died 5th May 1943.
James Ruff died 22nd November 1946.
Property left by will of James Ruff (his part) to Leonard Penness.
Then owned by Leonard Penness of 26 Griffith Street and James Penness junior, of Newton Road, Rushden.
Property was then sold to William Horace Barnes and Irene Mary Barnes on 6th May 1954 for £2,300. Previously of 30 Lancaster Street, Higham Ferrers.
Then sold to George Samuel Potter 29th April 1966, formerly of 134 High Street, Harrold, BDF for £5,500.
Then sold to Brian and Christine Harbour (previously of 4 Blinco Road) on 1st May 1975 for £12,000, plus £4,000 for factory premises.