When Rushden Hall was sold in 1929, the Town Council purchased Rushden Hall and Grounds to create a Public Park, and William Norwood Ginns purchased No 8 by a mortgage on the 8th of February 1930. The purchase was "subject to the right of the owners of numbers 4 & 6 to use the common passage between number 6 & number 8 to the coal barns, W.C. and water tap, and the common pathway at the rear of them.
Coach and Horses c1880 before the road was improved
Formerly the Swan and Dolphin, the old Coach and Horses was demolished c1934, and replaced by the flat roofed properties in
the next photograph.