|The Rushden Echo, 14th March, 1924, transcribed by Gill Hollis
Building Estate at Rushden
“Prospect Estate,” the field on the Higham-road, Rushden, between the Trade Union Club and Prospect House, and belonging to Mr. T. Swindall, will before long present a very changed appearance. The boom in private building has induced intending owners to seek plots in the best positions in the town, with the result that few spaces in Rushden are now unsold. Practically the whole of the front plots of Prospect Estate have been sold, and will shortly be built on. Through the middle of the field from Higham-road a 40ft. road has been plotted, to be known as Prospect-avenue, with trees planted along each side. The whole field will thus form an excellent residential area. The road will not be made until the residents in Prospect-avenue themselves wish to have a proper road (to be taken over by the Rushden Urban Council). The plots on each side of Prospect-avenue will be offered for sale in the near future as allotment land, for cash or for payments spread over four years. All the plots in Carnegie-street (belonging to Mr. Swindall) have been sold, and three buildings are in course of erection there.
Building operations are also proceeding apace in other parts of Rushden Hayway-road, Spencer-road, Court Estate, Robinson-road, Newton-road (Council houses), etc.