In 2011 High Street is being 'regenerated' with new paving and a town 'square' is to be created in central High Street outside the Wesleyan Chapel.
The white 'peak' behind the no entry sign, is the last remaining trace of the 'Cottage' owned by the Cave family. When High Street was widened in 1910 part of the Cottage was converted into three shops.
Central High Street in 2011 is being 'regenerated' with a new town square
Left is the corner of Queen Street - Connell's Estate Agents