Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Herbert Sartoris
Photographs


These two photos were taken by Mr Herbert Sartoris
of Rushden Hall in 1861.

south view of the church 1861
The south view of the church when there was a stone wall around the boundary. This was removed when the churchyard was extended. Note the back of the Vestry hall at the right side.

1861
This was taken from the church spire, looking across High Street South into Hall Park for his home, Rushden Hall. Many of the trees are still growing so this view could not be seen today. The large building at the left edge is the old coaching inn, formerly the Swan & Dolphin, and the next property was
A T Ginns blacksmith's yard and forge.


Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the History index
Click here to e-mail us