Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Hilly Farm

Hilly Farm in the 1960s Hilly Farm
c1950s when Willmott's owned this farm
Hilly Farm in Bedford Road in 2008

Rushden Argus, 24th August 1917, transcribed by Kay Collins
tractor
Harvesting by Motor - First Motor Tractor in the Rushden District

The first motor harvester used in Rushden, is owned by Mr. C. E. Knight,
of Hilly Farm, whose son is driving. Rushden Church will be noticed in the background. The harvesting operations and boot making are intermingled; so close are the two industries that one can stand and listen to the explosions of the motor harvester and the hum of shoe machinery at the same time.


Extract from a longer article 1919
Harborough-Road and Bedford-Road - In view of the wet weather, other plans were hastily made and the tables were placed in a barn kindly lent by Mr. C. E. Knight.


Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the Land, Property & Tax index
Click here to e-mail us