Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Prospect House

We have been unable to locate a picture of Prospect House - Please can you help?

Propect House stood at the top of Higham Hill where Ferndale Avenue is built. The house was demolished and the housing built on the whole of the grounds. It backed onto the recreation ground in St James Close, and in the 1950s children would often see Mr Willey on horseback riding near the fence.

It was first the home of Mr Thomas Sanders who was an Alderman and Mayor of Higham Ferrers.

Miss Payne opened a private school there in 1912.

The Willey family resided there into the 1960s. Their son Graham opened an estate agency in Rushden.

Mr. John White bought the property and his shoe manufacturing business used it for offices. After his retirement, under the Ward White name, the company eventually moved the offices to Hargrave Hall.



Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the Land, Property & Tax index
Click here to e-mail us