Originally a house and wine store for Phipps Brewery of Northampton.
The New Inn (left of centre) was renamed the Railway Inn when a railway passenger service began in 1894. The large building to the right is Stonehurst - built in 1896 by the brewery when Mr Chester was the representative - later used as a wine store.
Stonehurst became known as the Belgian House when it was a hostel for Belgian refugees in WWI. In 1920 when the Belgians left, Arthur Cave moved into the house. Sometime later the Wheeler family moved in.