Extract from obituary - He was one of the founders of the Athletic Club which opened in a house in Harborough-road, moved to John-street and then to the present site where a small building was first erected.
The Rushden Echo, 9th March 1923
A Public Telephone has been installed at the Athletic Club, this progressive institution being the first of its kind in Rushden to adopt the idea.
Rushden Echo, 15th May 1931
Rushden’s New Putting Green
Steady nerves and true eyes being developed at the Rushden Athletic Club, where this excellent putting green has just been opened.