Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page
The Rushden Echo, 5th June, 1914, transcribed by Gill Hollis

Ballard – Fountain

The marriage was solemnised at St. Mary’s Church, Rushden on Saturday by the Rev. P. E. Robson, of Miss Elsie S. Fountain, younger daughter of Mrs. Fountain, of Griffith-street, Rushden, and Mr. Frank W. Ballard, younger son of Mr. and Mrs. F. Ballard, of “Clevedon,” Park-road, Kettering, and formerly of Rushden. The bride was given away by her mother and was tastefully gowned in white chiffon voile, trimmed with lace and satin. She carried a shower bouquet of lilies and carnations, and was attended by her sister, Miss N. Fountain, as bridesmaid, whose dress was of voile trimmed with crepe broche. The bridesmaid carried a bouquet of pink sweet peas and roses. Mr. Will Ballard, brother of the bridegroom, was best man.

Mr. J. E. Smith presided at the organ, and contributed suitable music. A reception at the National School followed the ceremony. Mr. and Mrs. Ballard spent their honeymoon in London.

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the People & Families index
Click here to e-mail us