Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page
Rushden Echo, 5th July 1918, transcribed by Kay Collins
Bradshaw – Clark

The wedding was solemnized at St. Mary’s Church, Rushden, yesterday, the Rev. P. E. Robson officiating, of Miss E. Clark, only daughter of Mrs. S. Clark, of 51 Harborough-road, Rushden, to Mr. Charles Bradshaw (Royal Naval Sick Berth Reserve), second son of Mr. and Mrs. J. Bradshaw, of 91 Oakley-road, Rushden. The bride was given away by her brother, Mr. Albert Clark, and was fashionably attired in a coat frock of grey gabardine, with hat to match. She carried a shower bouquet of carnations, roses, and sweet peas, the gift of the bridegroom, and was attended by her aunt, Miss A. Litchfield, who wore a well-cut costume of navy shantung, with hat to match. The best man was Mr. W. G. Blythe (friend of the bridegroom), of the R.N.S.B.R. After the ceremony a reception was held at the Rushden Ambulance Headquarters, and Mr. and Mrs. Bradshaw received numerous handsome and costly wedding gifts. The bridegroom, who for the past four years has been serving his country, has seen much service, having been up the Mediterranean for about 18 months. He is now stationed at Porstmouth. Up to the time of joining the Colours he has been for some considerable time a member of the Rushden corps St. John Ambulance Association.

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the People & Families index
Click here to e-mail us