Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page
Rushden Echo, 9th April 1915, transcribed by Gill Hollis
Clifton – Andrews

A very pretty wedding took place at St. Peter’s Church, Rushden, on Monday, the contracting parties being Miss Ada Helen Andrews, youngest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A. Andrews, of Windmill-road, Rushden, and Mr. Herbert Mills Clifton, third son of Mr. and Mrs. S. Clifton, of Victoria-road, Rushden. The Rev. P. J. Richards conducted the ceremony, and Mr. W. P. Jolley presided at the organ. The bride, who was given away by her father, was charmingly attired in ivory silk crepe marle, with hat to match. She carried a shower bouquet of lilies, carnations, and hyacinths, and she also wore a gold pendant set with garnets and pearls, both being gifts of the bridegroom. The bridesmaids were the Misses Ada Clifton, sister of the bridegroom, Hilda Wilmott, niece of the bride, and Lilian Andrews, cousin of the bride. The little Misses Wilmott and Andrews looked very pretty in dresses of shell pink aurora cord with hats to match, and Miss A. Clifton was daintily attired in pale blue satin with hat to match; they each wore a gold brooch, the gifts of the bridegroom. The bouquets consisted of pink carnations and lilies of the valley, also gifts of the bridegroom. Mr. Arthur Clifton, brother of the bridegroom, ably carried out the duties of best man. After the ceremony a reception was held at St. Peter’s Rooms. The presents, which were both numerous and handsome, included a silver cruet from the teachers of the St. Peter’s Sunday School, with which organisation both bride and bridegroom are associated.

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the People & Families index
Click here to e-mail us