Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page
Rushden Echo, 21st August, 1914, transcribed by Gill Hollis
Cooper – Cook

The wedding took place at St. Mary’s, Rushden, on Monday, of Miss Maud Edith Cook, youngest daughter of Mrs. and the late Mr. George Cook, of Queen-street, Rushden, and Mr. Thomas George Cooper, of the Northants County Constabulary, youngest son of Mr. J. T. Cooper, of Links Farm, Kettering. The Rev. A. R. Harrison, formerly of Bugbrooke, conducted the ceremony. The bride was charmingly attired in cream whipcord trimmed with cream satin and pearls and wore a bridal veil lent by her aunt, Mrs. G. Cook, of Wellingborough. She carried a beautiful bouquet of white carnations, sweet peas, and roses, the gift of the bridegroom, and was given away by her brother, Mr. Harry Cook. Two bridesmaids, Misses Florrie and Frances Cook (nieces of the bride), were in attendance and wore pretty dresses of saxe blue cashmere trimmed with silk to match. They also wore black hats trimmed with ostrich feathers. Each carried bouquets of white asters and gypsophilia, the gifts of the bridegroom. Mr. G. Cook, brother of the bride, carried out the duties of best man. After the ceremony a reception was held at the bride’s home. The happy couple had intended spending their honeymoon at Blackpool but, owing to the war crisis, the bridegroom was unable to get away from his duties. They were the recipients of many beautiful presents. The wedding cake was presented by the bridegroom’s friends at Harlestone.

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the People & Families index
Click here to e-mail us