Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page
Rushden Echo & Argus, 4th April 1941, transcribed by Kay Collins
Davison — Meadows

The Park-road Baptist Church, Rushden, was the scene of a wedding on March 22, when Miss Marjorie Avis Meadows was married to Gunner Thomas William Davison. The bride is the only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. C. Meadows, of "Enfield," Bedford-road, Rushden, and the bridegroom is the second son of Mr. and Mrs. J Davison, of "Mayfield," Avenue-road, Court Estate.

Given away by her brother, Lance-corporal Leslie Meadows, the bride were a Tudor style dress of fine white lace over satin, trimmed with white velvet, with veil to match. Her headdress was of white gardenias and her bouquet of red roses with white heather and maiden-hair fern.

Two of her attendants, Miss Ethel Davison and Miss Margaret Short, wore lavender dresses of taffeta with veils to match, and a third, Miss Anne Davison, was in pink satin with veil to match. Miss Short is a friend of the bride and the Misses Davison are sisters of the bridegroom. They all carried posies of pink carnations and wore gold bangles, gifts of the bridegroom. The best man was Pte Jack Davison (brother of the bridegroom).

The ceremony was conducted by the minister of the church, Rev. R. Percy Jones, and Mr. Cyril Groom, A.R.C O., was at the organ, accompanying the hymns "Lead us, Heavenly Father" and "O perfect love."

After the wedding a reception was held at the bride's home. Gifts included a bedroom chair from the closing room of Messrs. John Cave and Sons, Ltd., where the bride is employed.

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the People & Families index
Click here to e-mail us