Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page
Rushden Echo & Argus, 24th February 1939, transcribed by Kay Collins
Hales-Cooper
Attired in a dress of oyster satin beaute with a headdress to match, and carrying a shower bouquet of red carnations, Miss Kathleen Cooper, the only daughter of Mr and Mrs Harry Cooper, of 14, Spencer-road, Rushden, was married on Saturday to Mr. Horace Walter Hales, second son of Mr and Mrs L Hales, of 62 Gorsham-road, Irthlingborough.

The ceremony was held at the Rushden Independent Wesleyan Church and was conducted by the minister, the Rev. C. J. Keeler. The bride’s father carried out the duties of giver, and the bride wore a gold necklace, a gift of the bridegroom.

There were three attendants, Miss Win Palmer, friend of the bride, Miss Flo Hale, (Irthlingborough), sister of the bridegroom, and Miss Margaret Spencer, friend of the bride. The two elder wore dresses of blue cloche with pink headdresses, silver shoes and pink mittens, and Miss Spencer was dressed in pink taffeta with a cream net overdress.

Mr. Edgar E Hales was best man, and the organist, Mr. W. T. L. Flood, accompanied the hymn "The voice that breathed o'er Eden" and played Mendelsshon’s "Wedding March."

Gifts included a clock from the firm of Messrs. Allebone and Son, Ltd., where the bride was employed, and a cheque from Mr. W. Morris of Irthlingborough. Mr. and Mrs. Hale, will in future reside at 14, Spencer-road, Rushden.

Cars were supplied by Neville’s Taxi Hire Service.



Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the People & Families index
Click here to e-mail us