Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page
Rushden Echo, 7th August, 1914, transcribed by Gill Hollis
Hobbs – Harris

At the Park-road Baptist Church on Saturday, the wedding took place of Miss Elsie Harris, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Thos. G. Harris, of Hayway-road, Rushden, and Mr. Ernest Hobbs, youngest son of Mr. and Mrs. Hobbs, of Queen-street, Rushden. The Rev. H. J. Horn, pastor, conducted the service. The bride was attended by two bridesmaids, Misses Ella Duckie Harris (sister of the bride) and May Harris (cousin of the bride). The bride was given away by her father. She was charmingly dressed in cream silk crepoline and wore a wreath and veil embroidered by her sister. She carried a sheaf of lilies, the gift of the bridegroom. The bridesmaids were attired in cream satin with tulle caps trimmed with silver leaves. Each carried bouquets of sweet peas and ferns and wore a gold brooch, the gifts of the bridegroom. A reception was afterwards held at the Co-operative Hall, the catering being done by the Co-operative Society. Subsequently the happy couple left for Eastbourne for their honeymoon. Amongst the many beautiful presents were the following:- Bride to bridegroom, travelling bag; bridegroom to bride, silver cream jug and sugar basin.

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the People & Families index
Click here to e-mail us