Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page
Rushden Echo, 26th February 1915, transcribed by Gill Hollis
Lamb – Lett

At St. Mary’s Church, Rushden, on Tuesday, the marriage took place, by the Rev. W. H. Pelham (Curate), of Miss Lilian Mabel Lett, only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. W. Lett, of 74, Crabb-street, Rushden, and Mr. Frederick John George Lamb, eldest son of Mr. and Mrs. George Lamb, of Hinwick. The bride, who was given away by her father, wore a grey costume with hat to match and carried a shower bouquet of white lilies, lilies of the valley, carnations, lilac, and hyacinths, the gift of the bridegroom. She was attended by two bridesmaids – Misses Nellie Lett (cousin of the bride) and Eliza Turney (friend). The former wore a dress of white embroidery and a black hat trimmed with a champagne rose, and the latter a dress of champagne silk and a black hat. Both carried bouquets of lilies, carnations, and white lilac, the gifts of the bridegroom. The duties of best man were carried out by Mr. E. Lett (brother of the bride). Subsequent to the ceremony a reception was held at 26, Grove-street, the home of the bride’s aunt, Mrs. J. Wilding. About 59 guests assembled. Mr. and Mrs. Lamb were the recipients of many useful presents, including a handsome trinket set from the girls of the closing room of Messrs. Cunnington Bros., where the bride was formerly employed.

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the People & Families index
Click here to e-mail us