Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page
Rushden Echo, 16th September 1910, transcribed by Peter Brown
Marriott - Margetts
Pretty Wedding at Rushden

Yesterday, at the Rushden Parish Church the wedding was solemnised of Miss Kate Olive Margetts, only daughter of the late Mr Thomas Margetts, of Rushden, to Mr. William Henry Marriott of Wellingborough. The bridegroom is the hon. secretary of the Co-operative Educational Committee at Rushden, The Ven. Arthur Kitchen officiated.

The bride who was given away by her brother, Mr. F. W. Margetts, School House, Higham Ferrers was tastefully attired in a dress of white silk, with bridal veil and wreath of orange blossom, and she carried a shower of choice flowers. She also wore a gold bangle the gift of the bridegroom.

The bridesmaids were Miss Constance Scholes and Miss Ethel Reid (cousins of the bride), who wore dresses of silk voile over pink, with black picture hats, and the Misses Dorothy Margetts, and Dora Marriott (nieces of the bride), who were attired in white crepe-de-chine dresses with hats to match. They carried bouquets of lilies and pink carnations and wore gold bangles and neck chains, the gifts of the bridegroom.

Mr Geo Skerritt, of Birmingham, carried out the duties of best man.

Mr J E Smith presided at the organ and played appropriate music.

Following the ceremony, a reception was held at the home of the bride’s mother, and Mr and Mrs Marriott left by the 2.30 train for Blackpool, where the honeymoon is being spent. The bride’s travelling dress consisted of a blue costume with hat to match. The bride’s gift to the bridegroom was a gold ring. Numerous useful presents were received.

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the People & Families index
Click here to e-mail us