|Rushden Echo, 12th July 1918, transcribed by Kay Collins
The marriage was solemnised at the Independent Wesleyan Church, Rushden, on Saturday, of Mr. Arthur George Pack, third son of the late Councillor A. Pack and Mrs Pack, of College Street Higham Ferrers, to Miss Annie Smith, only daughter of Mr. W. Horton, of 10, York-road, Rushden. The Rev. C. J. Keeler officiated. The bride, who was given away by her step-father, Mr. W. Horton, was fashionably gowned in crepe elegant, with hat to match. Slip wore a gold brooch, and carried a choice bouquet of white flowers, both being the gifts of the bridegroom. The bridesmaids were the Misses Florrie and Olive Pack (sisters of the bridegroom). The former was tastefully attired in white crepe royal, and the latter in pale blue crepe royal, both wearing hats to match. Miss F. Pack wore a gold bracelet, the gift of the bridegroom, and Miss O. Pack a gold brooch, also the gift of the bridegroom. The duties of best man were carried out by Mr. W. Pack (brother of the bridegroom). The ceremony was fully choral, the choir being in attendance, and Mr. W. T. L. Flood presiding at the organ. The hymns comprised “Lead us, Heavenly Father, lead us” and “O perfect love.” The organist played appropriate music as the guest assembled, and as the bride and bridegroom left the church he contributed Mendelssohn’s “Wedding Macrh.” After the ceremony a reception was held at the bride’s home. Mr. and Mrs. Pack were the recipients of many handsome and costly presents, including a pair of brass candlesticks from the Independent Wesleyan choir, of which organisation both bride and bridegroom have been members for many years.