|Rushden Echo, 12th July 1918, transcribed by Kay Collins
A pretty wedding took place at St. Mary’s Church, Rushden, on Saturday, when Mr. Thomas Alfred Parker, second son of Mr. and Mrs. Parker, of Park-place, Rushden, was married to Miss Bertha Ellen Brown, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. T. E. Brown, of 7, Beaconsfield-place, Rushden. The bride, who was given away by her father, wore a pretty dress of white silk with bridal veil and wreath of orange blossom, the veil having been kindly lent by her aunt. She carried a beautiful bouquet of lilies and carnations. There were four bridesmaids, the two elder, viz., Misses Mabel Beatrice Brown (sister of the bride) and Maisie Moore (cousin of the bride), wearing effective gowns of cream voile trimmed with satin, and the two younger, viz., the Misses Ivy Parker (sister of the bridegroom) and Grace Parker (cousin of the bridegroom), being attired in pale blue. All the bridesmaids wore hats to match. The best man was Mr. Walter Parker (brother of the bridegroom). After the ceremony a reception was held at the bride’s home. Mr. and Mrs. Parker received many handsome and useful wedding gifts.