Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page
Rushden Echo, 3rd July 1925, transcribed by Kay Collins
Partridge – Thompson

A military wedding took place on Saturday at the Roman Catholic Church, Rushden, at which the Rev Father Nutt officiated. The Church was decorated with white and mauve flowers. The bride was Miss Lily Thompson, third daughter of Mr and Mrs C F Thompson, of 20 West-street, and she was married to Corpl. Ernest Partridge, Northants regiment, stationed at Blackdown Camp, and formerly of Rushden. Mr Thompson gave his daughter away. She was charmingly attired in a white silk dress and wore a bridal veil trimmed with orange blossom, and she carried a bouquet of white carnations, white roses, and orange blossom, the gift of the bridegroom. The chief bridesmaid was Miss Daisy Thompson (sister of the bride). Miss May Clark (bride’s friend) would also have attended as bridesmaid but was unfortunately ill. Two little bridesmaids present were Joan Barnes (niece of the bride) and Mabel Perkins (niece of the bridegroom). Miss Thompson wore a pretty dress of pale mauve marocain and silver leaves for headdress. She carried a bouquet of white carnations and white roses, given by the bridegroom. The two little bridesmaids were attired in white silk dresses and they wore white silk hats. The baskets of white flowers which they carried were the gifts of the bridegroom. Private Frank Webb, friend of the bridegroom, also of Blackdown Camp, carried out the best man’s duties. A reception was afterwards held at the bride’s house.

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the People & Families index
Click here to e-mail us