Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Rushden Echo, 16th June 1916, transcribed by Gill Hollis

Shortland - Roe

The marriage took place on Sunday morning at St. Peter'€™s Church, Rushden, of Miss Laura Caroline Roe, second daughter of Mr. and Mrs. H. Roe, of 28 Park-road, Rushden, to Mr. John Shortland, second son of Mrs. John Shortland and the late Mr. John Shortland, of Harrowden House, Portland-road, Rushden. The Vicar officiated. The bride, who was given away by her father, was tastefully attired in a tailor-made navy costume with hat to match, and carried a shower bouquet. She was attended by her two sisters as bridesmaids —€“ Miss Eva, who wore a dress of white voile, with a white tagel hat, and Miss Marjorie, who wore an electric blue silk poplin dress with a leghorn hat trimmed with pink roses. Both bridesmaids carried bouquets. Mr. Sidney Chettle ably discharged the duties of best man. A number of useful presents were received.

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the People & Families index
Click here to e-mail us