|The Rushden Echo, 4th February, 1910, transcribed by Jim Hollis
Factory Extension At Rushden
Mr. Percy Collins Enlarges His Premises
Mr. Percy Collins, heel manufacturer, Denmark-road, Rushden, has just had extensive additions made to his factory, and he commenced to utilize the increased accommodation this week.
It is 13 years now since Mr. Collins first started in business for himself as a heel builder, taking over a part of a small workshop in Newton-road, adjoining the Urban Council yard. At that time he employed three hands. The business, which has been carried on under Mr. Collins’s personal supervision, has from that time to this gone on rapidly increasing. From Newton-road he removed to larger premises in Crabb-street, and subsequently to a spacious factory in Denmark-road. It is to this factory that the extensions now under consideration have been made.
has been added at the Newton end of the factory, the work having been carried out in a most efficient manner by Messrs. Clark and Sanders, of Church-street, Rushden, with whose work Mr. Collins expresses himself perfectly satisfied.
Through the extension, Mr. Collins will increase his productive capacity threefold. The extension is on the one-floor principle, with north lights in the roof. The new building is lofty and of large dimensions; it is well ventilated, and has all the modern improvements; block wood flooring is used; and incandescent lights have been installed. Mr. Collins is introducing new machinery of the very latest type, and in every way the business will continue to be conducted on the most up-to-date methods.