Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page
From notes by Mr H Packwood
The Standard Rotary Machine Co Ltd
inside the factory
Inside the factory in College Street



Became the
Gimson Shoe Machinery Co. Ltd.
after WWI.

Rushden Echo, 3rd June 1927, transcribed by Kay Collins

Gimson Factory to Open—Work will soon begin, it is hoped, at the premises formerly the Gimson Shoe Machinery Company’s works, College-street, in the manufacture of boots and shoes, a company having been formed with Mr Ralph Tarry as managing director. Mr Tarry has been associated with the Tecnic Boot Co.



Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the Shoe Trade index
Click here to e-mail us