John White took over the former Ashford and Campion factory of in Newton Road, in 1922. The frontage was altered and more bays were built behind to cope with the continuing expansion in 1923 and again in 1930.
The gates and pillars are now preserved on a driveway
to a house near Newton Bromswold.
Closing Room in 1937
1953 Coronation - postcard with crowns border of the closing room with streamers