|Note by H Packwood written in 1988:
The Wilson Gas Meter Co.
The company was bombed out of Coventry and came to a small factory in Station Road, Rushden in 1943.
The girls working there had to strip a thick layer of sponge rubber from the outside of Aeroplane fuel tanks, this rubber prevented bullets from entering the tanks. The tanks were cleaned and repaired before being returned to the R.A.F.
The factory was closed down at the end of the war.