Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Higham Road Beerhouse
Phipps & Co

beerhouse in Higham Road
Phipps' beerhouse in Higham Road - c1890
82 Higham Road - demolished in 1962

This row of cottages stood next to the Trade Club in Higham Road, and in front of the row called Sussex Place. The first one was a beerhouse, and the poster in the window is for Bulmer's Cider.

In 1910 it was in the tenure of George Dickenson.

The row was demolished in 1962, and some 'modern' dwellings replaced them.



Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the History index
Click here to e-mail us